Experimenta, the international festival of moving image art in India, celebrates its 10th edition.
Experimenta 2017 | Call for Submissions
Experimenta 2017 seeks artist’s films and videos that challenge conventional modes of cinema. Abstract to obscure compositions that extend the parameters of genre and form are welcome.
Preview copies must be submitted for selection purposes. All lengths of film are considered. Please submit entries as soon as possible. The final deadline for receipt of submissions is 1st August 2017. Please note, the festival programme will be finalised by October 2017, at which time only those whose works are selected will be informed.
EXPERIMENTA is a curated film festival, and will be held from November 29th – December 3rd 2017 in Bangalore India.
To download a submission form click Experimenta 2017 Submission Form.doc
For further inquiries, clarifications and background on Experimenta India please visit www.experimenta.in or write to email@example.com
- Deadline for receipt of all submissions is 1st August 2017
- Films and videos completed after November 2015 only are admissible
- All preview copies must be submitted as links to vimeo, youtube or any other streaming site. Please DO NOT submit digital files for download
- All submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English – only if language is central to the film’s content
- All preview copies will be added to the festival’s archives
- If submitting more than one entry, please submit a form for each one
- Please ensure that the following enclosures are sent to the festival:
– Completed submission form
– 2-3 hi-res film stills (300 dpi – jpeg, tiff or png)
- All entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the film & filmmaker clearly mentioned in the email subject
- The festival reserves the right to excerpt programmed works for online promotional purposes
- Selected filmmakers/artists will be notified if their submission has been accepted and may be contacted anytime after the submission has been received
- Return shipping costs OF FILM PRINTS ONLY (via select ground-service or postal service) will be covered by the festival, if the filmmaker is not in attendance. Additional charges for express shipping or transshipments to foreign film festivals must be paid by the entrant or the recipient. Experimenta or any of its affiliates cannot accept nor assume responsibility for damage or loss of materials.
- The final exhibition format is 16mm or Hi Res digital file only.